Become a MHFAider®
This new course is ideal for those who would like to become an MHFAider® to:
- Gain the knowledge and skills to spot signs of people experiencing poor mental health
- Be confident starting a conversation and signpost a person to appropriate support
- Alongside the best evidence-based Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) training, MHFAiders® are also provided with three-year access to ongoing learning and support.
- The app gives you 24/7 digital support, access to exclusive resources, and ongoing learning opportunities.
As an MHFAider® you’ll also have access to ongoing learning to support you in the role and ensure you have the most up-to-date information on mental health.
Over the three years, you will benefit from:
- A library of resources that will support you to have impactful conversations
- MHFAider® online events, exploring different topics and themes around mental health and the MHFAider® role
- Exclusive MHFAider® content, regular online events to provide further learning and support so you are confident to perform your role effectively, long after your training
- Recognise those that may be experiencing poor mental health and provide them with first-level support and early intervention
- Encourage a person to identify and access sources of professional help and other supports
- Practise active listening and empathy
- Have a conversation with improved mental health literacy around language and stigma
- Discuss the role in depth, including boundaries and confidentiality
- Practise self-care